Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Meet Missy from 4 Missy and me

Meet Missy from 4 Missy and me


Girls Dress.  Girls Red, Black and White Dress.  Toddler DressWhat inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs? My love for creating, and a desire to expand my opportunities to share them with others.  I began designing children’s clothing when my oldest niece, Tate, was born.  I created things for her to wear, and even added her own designer label, with her nickname, “Tatertot” inside.  I always added the verse Philippians l:3 at the bottom of each tag, which states “I thank God in every thought of you”.   That sweet angel is now 21 years old, and a Junior in college.   She is so artistic, and loves to sew and create herself.

How long have you been practicing your art/craft? I have been sewing for over 40 years. 

What training have you had or are you self-taught?  I began sewing at the age of 12.  I needed to make a sewing project for a girl’s club at church.  We were instructed to make a patchwork maxi skirt, which we would later model at a formal fashion show. My Mom helped me pick out the fabric.   I remember it was a mixture of red, white, and blue designs, with stripes, stars, and polka dots.  She showed me how to sew a straight stitch, and how to piece the squares together.  That was all I needed to get started, and my love for sewing began.  Soon I moved on to patterns and making my own clothes.  The rest, as they say, is history!
SALE.......... Girls Fleece Hat.  Girl's Cap.  Cloche In Black White And Red


 What is your favorite material to craft with?  I don’t have a favorite material, I just love to create.  I am drawn to bright colors, patterns and different textures.  I love combining different materials to create a one of a kind design!



Girl's Dress. Toddlers Dress.  Sundress With Handpainted Border 

What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business?  Having the time to get everything done!  So many ideas running through my head, and so little time to create!

Any advice for other Etsy sellers?  Find something you love to do, and give it your all!  Don’t be discouraged if you are not an immediate success.  Building a business is very hard work!

What do you enjoy doing in your off time?  I don’t have a lot of off time.  I work full time as a Speech Pathologist.  I travel around my area, and provide therapy to children in their homes.  My clients are infants through preschoolers who have problems with speech, language, feeding and oral-motor skills.  Some have complex medical issues.  I love the time I spend with these babies!  They bring so much laughter and joy to my life!

Purse. Girl's Purse.  Child's Bag In Black With Multicolored Polka Dotted Fleece 

Describe a typical day in your life…   My day is spent balancing several responsibilities:  caring for my 81 year old mother, who had a stroke 2 years ago, working full time, and then using the time I have left to build my online children’s boutique.  When time permits, I love to cook, spend time with friends catching up, and travel.  I recently took trips to London and San Diego.  Both are great cities to visit!

Where can we find your products online?  in my Etsy shop, 4 Missy and me

No comments: